Monday, May 25, 2009

Monday Milestones

runner

This week I did my combination of treadmill and Shred routine five days.  I ate well…with the exception of several french fries I sneaked out of Grace’s kid’s meal.  (I’m totally blaming the fact that Wendy’s was OUT OF BAKED POTATOES and I was frustrated and hungry…this brought my Calorie Count food analysis average grade down to B+). 

Overall, I lost two pounds this week.  My total weight loss is now 44 pounds in 17 weeks.  

I’m about 2/3 of the way through my 30-Day Shred experience and I can say with certainty that it has truly helped me.  I haven’t come anywhere close to losing “20 pounds in 30 days”, but I have definitely lost inches.  Once my 30 days are up, I’ll plan to do Jillian’s videos at least 2-3 days a week to keep up my new muscles! 

One thing I have discovered through all of this new exercise is my terrible balance.  When I first started doing the Shred lunges, I was wobbling all over the place.  I’ve gradually gotten better, but it’s still pretty funny.  I might try to alternate strength training with some yoga or Pilates (minus the Eastern mysticism) to improve my strength and balance. 

This is my inspiration:

002

Well, Jillian too:

image

1 comment:

Kim H. said...

YAY for the 2 pounds! I think you are doing great, and so long as you keep doing something... and change it up periodically - I think you're going to be fine. :-)