Tuesday, May 12, 2009

30-Day Shred – Day Seven

I’ll admit that if I hadn’t committed to be accountable on this blog for my 30 day endeavor, I wouldn’t have workout out today.

But I did it.  After Grace went to bed, I pulled out the exercise mat and did Level 2 again.  I think I have a sports-related injury.  [Everyone that knows me can stop laughing now.]  My bottom of my right heel is killing me.  Weird.  It started hurting yesterday and by the time Todd came home from work, I could hardly walk.  It felt a little better today, but the jumping jacks were killer tonight.

Anyone know how to stretch out a heel?

On a more positive note, one thing I like about this workout is how fast it goes by.  Before, I would spend about 5 minutes stretching, 60 minutes on the treadmill, then 10-15 minutes doing floor exercises.  Now I’m done in under 25 minutes.  And it’s interactive…I can do it with Grace.  I’m still not convinced I’m burning enough calories in such a short time, though.  After the 30 days, I can see myself going back to more treadmill and maybe working out with Jillian 2-3 days per week.

1 comment:

Kim H. said...

Congratualtions on keeping going! Stretching out your heel is hard, but if you have stairs, put your toes on one stair and lean back - if that makes sense. Sort of use your toes to hold you on the step, but use your body weight to stretch the rest of your foot out.

I'd bet that you're not burning as many calories during the workout, BUT you are building muscle... and that burns calories at a greater intensity all day long. So it's still a great benefit. Make sure that once you do keep toning and building that lean muscle mass so that you can continue to get the benefits after the shred is over.