Wednesday, May 6, 2009

30-Day Shred – Day One

Whew!  I made it through Level 1!  Granted, I modified a couple of things (hello, push-ups!).  But I kept going and didn’t stop.  It actually went by pretty fast. 

When I got my hand weights at Academy last week, I almost bought two 5-pounders.  The 3-pounders just didn’t feel heavy.  But the guy that helped me suggested the 2 or 3 lb. weights for beginners.  I tried not to let him see that the REAL reason I wanted the 5-pounders was because they were a cute hot pink color!  Well, the 3-lbs. felt like 30 lbs. at the end, so I’m glad I listened to that teenage guy. (Plus, I still have blisters from doing yard work).

That last ab series was insane.  I was literally gasping for breath while my legs trembled in the air.  But, I was motivated when I looked over to see the 9-yr-old girl I’m keeping this week (because of swine flu scare at her school) was going strong.  She did the entire thing with me.  Minus the hand weights. 

And all those jumping jacks took me right back to middle school gym class.  *shudder*  Except I wasn’t wearing microscopic purple shorts and a white t-shirt with my name in iron-on letters across the back.  And I wasn’t trying to figure out how to look “cool” while doing Crazy Eights.   Oh, wait…I WAS trying to look “cool” in front of my 9-yr-old friend.  Some things never change.

2 comments:

Audra said...

Yea!!!!! I'm glad you got started. It goes by really fast doesn't it? I did mine today right before I picked V up from school. Usually I take a nap when he does but today I have been full of energy thanks to Jillian!

Kim H. said...

How funny - I'm so glad that you did it - maybe I'll get my self a copy of that video and see where it takes me. :-)