Friday, May 29, 2009

30-Day Shred – Day 24

I felt much better today.  The soreness drastically reduced and I was ready to tackle my workout.  I did 45 minutes on the treadmill, then contemplated what level to try with Jillian.  Even though I felt like I could possibly do Level 3 again, I decided that I wanted to be able to walk normally this weekend, so I selected Level 1.  But I replaced some of the easier moves with some challenging stuff from Levels 2 and 3. 

Todd’s last day of school is tomorrow…woo hoo!  (Can you believe they have to go on Saturday?)  Texas is crazy…something about a snow make-up day.  In case you’re new to reading my blog, my husband is a school administrator at a 9th grade campus.  He always has great stories to tell of his adventures handling school discipline.  It’s funny how kids will think that the rules don’t apply on the last days of school.  Hello…it’s still against the rules to have a mohawk or wear Daisy Dukes or cuss out a teacher even though school is almost out.  Guess what?  It’s even against the rules to bring pot the last week of school.  The nerve of my husband to reinforce such rules!  You wouldn’t believe how many parents yelled at him today because they had to come pick up their kids for disciplinary reasons.  He even had his name lovingly etched on the bathroom wall by one of the kids who was sent to the office…”Mr. J is a %*$*@#”. 

It’s not all bad, though.  He’s really had a great year and has enjoyed his job immensely.  The end of the year just gets kind of crazy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

gosh, they're so strict...no pot on the last day of school? and no cussing out teachers? kids can't get away with anything anymore (wink, wink)!

cracking up at your "lovingly etched" comment!

Kim H. said...

Wow, what is sad is that the parents get mad at the administrators... I mean seriously?! Your kid did the crime...