Saturday, October 4, 2008

Go See Fireproof!

I have really been looking forward to seeing the movie "Fireproof." And, last night I was not disappointed. What a great movie! This movie is not going to win any Oscars (especially in the acting department). But, it's the best movie I have seen in a long time. It was fun to be on a double date with Todd and our sweet friends Larry and Joy. The theater had a nice-sized crowd....we saw a few people from our church. Hollywood puts out so much trash these days, that I really encourage you to do whatever you can to go see this movie in the theater. We must show our support for good, clean movies with an inspiring message.

The main theme was the relationship between the star character (Kirk Cameron) and his wife. The power of the gospel was clearly presented as the way to eternal life, as well as the way to preserve marriage. I have heard that many of the actors volunteered their time without pay to make this movie. I am so thankful that Kirk Cameron is using his gifts and talents as an actor to make movies that promote the gospel. (See previous post on Kirk Cameron). He is married with six children, and he is very faithful to honor his marriage vows when making movies. I read that he replaced the woman that played his wife in the movie with his real-life wife in the final scene when they kissed. (I hope this doesn't ruin the movie for anyone....you HAD to know they reconciled!)

Anyway, we had a great time, and thoroughly enjoyed our evening out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just got back from watching Fireproof... it was great to see such a different-flavored movie on the regular, big screen; Kirk Cameron is a solid guy as well