Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Today's Plans


My plans today include cleaning the baseboards, washing windows, dusting, and cleaning doors. My sweet friend Joy is coming over to help me. (Love you, Joy!)That just tells you how sweet she is. I hope she still likes me after she sees the coating of dust on my ceiling fans.

She advised me (wisely) to not go overboard getting ready for our open house lest I become wildly disappointed if nobody comes. I guess I shouldn't get my hopes up too much considering the state of the housing market and the fact that the Dallas Cowboys are playing Sunday afternoon. (Only in Texas would a real estate agent call and change the time of your open house because the Cowboys game starts at noon).

Tonight, I'm looking forward to the women's fellowship dinner at my church. Todd is taking Grace on a "date" while I enjoy time with friends. This is two nights in a row that Todd has done something special with her....last night, they went to get ice cream and walked around the pet store while I did some things around the house. It is so nice to have Todd at home more now that he has switched jobs. Our landscaping has never looked so good! But seriously, I love that we spend time eating dinner together most nights and do things as a family on the weekends.

3 comments:

Audra said...

Will you please come do my baseboards and windows when you are finished? This post is funny to me because I had a nightmare about a cobweb and spider invasion in my house last night. I decorated for fall and have 2 scarecrows outside of my front door and they are really messing with my head! The only people they are scaring is Josh and me. Josh jumps every time he walks past the front door because he thinks someone is outside and he said he almost got out the baseball bat (my weapon of choice) before he left for work yesterday morning. Why do I do this to my family? Just so my house will be the "cutest" in the neighborhood???

Happy Cleaning!

Love,
Audra

Mrs. Sprinkles said...

Okay, all this talk about the work you're doing to get your house ready to sell has made me resolved: I am never selling this house. I'll just live here till I die.

Mimi said...

Please tell Joy that I so appreciate her loving service to help you. She has such a high stress job already as charge nurse for the critical care maternity ward at Harris Hosp. plus all I know she does at church. I'm reminded of what I read in Spurgeon's Morning & Evening today: "Love should give wings to the feet of service, and strength to the arms of labor." Love, Mom