Friday, October 10, 2008

Todd's Adventure

Last night, Todd was taking a long time to get home. I had dinner ready, and we were just waiting on him to walk through the door. Around 6:00, he called me from his cell phone to tell me his car (which is actually my car...we switched for the day...another story) had just stopped working while he was driving down the interstate. All the lights went out and it just shut down. Thankfully, he was in the right lane and simply coasted to a stop on the side of the road.

He immediately called GEICO and asked for a tow truck. They said it would be a couple of hours, so he grabbed his laptop and walked about one mile down the interstate to the next exit. When he called me, he was at McDonald's. Grace and I met him there for a late dinner, then let Grace play on the playground until the tow truck guy called and said he was at the scene.

We are so thankful that God protected him when the car stalled and when he was walking down the interstate. I wish I had a picture of him in his suit and tie, carrying a huge laptop bag down I-20. I never did figure out why he didn't just ask me to pick him up at his car?

The jury is still out on the health of our van......

No comments: