Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Outing To Big D


Grace and I spent the day today with my dear friend Joy. We drove to a cute little boutique book store in Dallas to pick up something she had special ordered for her husband's birthday. It rained all day long, and we both forgot to take our umbrellas, so Grace thoroughly enjoyed splashing in the puddles and walking in the rain! We were all three completely soaked by the time we got back in the car for the drive home.

I found a book in the boutique that I have been searching for a while....The Picture Bible. I grew up reading The Picture Bible as a young child and teenager. To this day, when I think of stories in the Bible, I visualize the pictures in this great children's book. I paid a few dollars more for The Picture Bible in this cute boutique than I would have on Amazon, but I wanted to support the small business. Hopefully Grace will enjoy it as much as I did as she gets older.

No comments: