Monday, October 6, 2008

Butter Spray Rant


I have to post about something that has annoyed me for a long time....spray butter manufacturers. Don't get me wrong....I LOVE the product. I use it on my toast, baked potatoes, vegetables, and anything else I can think of. Where else can you get the taste of butter for 0 calories and 0 fat? What annoys me is the LENGTH OF THE SPRAY TUBING INSIDE THE BOTTLE.

This morning I prepared my toast as usual, then grabbed the spray butter out of the fridge. Despite the fact that there was a good 1/4 bottle worth of spray butter left, I couldn't get any to come out. I opened the bottle and realized that the plastic tubing is too short to reach to the bottom of the bottle! Because this has happened so many times before, I have come to believe that this practice is a deliberate attempt by spray butter manufacturers to get people to buy more spray butter faster. (Then again, "Conspiracy Theory" is one of my favorite movies.)

I'll admit that I usually toss my spray butter in the trash when it doesn't spray anymore. From now on, I'll buy a new bottle, but I'll use up about 1/4 of it, then add the leftover spray butter from my previous bottle. That way I'll never waste it again.

No comments: