Thursday, October 16, 2008

Fall


I love fall. It is my favorite time of year. The leaves are starting to turn (yes, we do have a FEW trees here in Texas) and there is a distinct chill in the soft breeze.

Fall makes me reminisce of football games at my alma mater, Samford University. Putting on my band uniform and warming up on the quad in preparation for our march into the stadium. Flirting with my future husband. Gazing at the beautiful portrait of fall colors on Oak Mountain.

When I step out my front door and feel that crispness in the air I think of warm cotton sweaters. Crackling fireplaces. Hot cocoa. SEC football. Anticipation of the holiday season to come.

Thank you, Lord, for fall.

2 comments:

Mimi said...

Fall has always been my favorite time of year too, Honey. I love the colors of fall best which is probably why our house is differing shades of brown, dark red and dark green! I love all the wonderful things you mentioned. And I love you!

Jon Malone said...

None of that sounds as good as Fall in Iraq - the sight of fresh soundstorms coming across the horizon, the sound of artillery at 2 in the morning, and sight and smell of freshly dumped trash across the towns and countryside. :) Hope you're doing well sis.