Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Fall Cleaning


One of mom's talents that she exercises when she comes to visit is to help me be more organized. Today we tackled several drawers, cabinets, and closets. Or, rather, mom tackled them. I mainly sat and watched, telling her which pile to put things in. We worked on the medicine cabinet, kitchen drawers, the foyer closet, the linen closet, bathroom cabinets, and the master closet. Everything now has a place and looks neat and tidy. We created two piles: a pile of stuff to give away to a specific person and a pile to donate to Goodwill. I also found a bunch of stuff that I didn't even know I had!

Since I am feeling better, tomorrow we're planning an outing. Grace has been cooped up in the house for the past week while I've been recovering, so we promised her a trip to a playground tomorrow.

If I'm still feeling good after we get home, I'm sure there will be another closet to tackle.

1 comment:

Mrs. Sprinkles said...

I read that first "we" and thought, there is no way that your mother let you do work! When she came to visit after Anne's birth, all I heard from her every day was, "sit down!" :)

I hope you're feeling better. Mr. S. and I have been praying for you.