Thursday, September 11, 2008

Cleaning Out


Today mom and I spend a while going through all of Grace's baby clothes. It was sad and sweet at the same time. Sweet because it brought such beautiful memories of Grace and the people who lovingly bought her clothes; sad because I always wanted to enjoy her wardrobe on another little girl of my own. After some consideration, I have decided to sell her wardrobe. Todd and I hope to adopt some day, but because of recent events and the uncertainty of our future plans, we have decided to put those plans on hold for the time being. I saved about five dresses that are especially precious to me, but everything else was organized and labeled for sale.

We are planning a garage sale next Saturday, and I'm sure Grace's clothes will be a hit.....they are gorgeous and in good condition. I'm really scaling down. As we have been cleaning out closets and drawers, many items are being put in the garage sale pile. Whatever doesn't sell will be donated to Good Will.

The next time we buy a house, we will buy a smaller house. When it is time to pack our current home, I want it to be an easier process....all the stuff we don't need will already be gone! I really want to live a simpler life. While I am thankful for all the material possessions that God has blessed us with, we have so many things that we don't need. My sweet friend Joy reminded me recently that the "stuff" in life isn't important....our treasure is in Heaven.

1 comment:

Mrs. Sprinkles said...

I once helped a former pastor pack up his house--it filled two of the medium-sized UHaul trucks, and he and his wife vowed not to accumulate so much stuff again--they said they couldn't imagine Jesus having that much stuff. I'm convicted by how much "stuff" we have--do we really need it all?