Sunday, August 24, 2008

To Spit or Not To Spit


I realized something the other day when I took Grace to the dentist. I have never taught her to spit! When the dental assistant brushed her teeth and told Grace to spit out the toothpaste, she just looked at her and swallowed. I mumbled something like, "We haven't worked on spitting yet...."

Grace has been perfectly happy to swallow her Barbie toothpaste, and the label says it is safe to swallow. So, I haven't even thought about practicing spitting. Well, now I have something new to work on.

The past couple of nights I've demonstrated spitting and tried to get her to do it....to no avail. You would think that a 3-yr-old would relish the idea of spitting on purpose, but not Grace.

I guess the Barbie toothpaste is just too tasty.

No comments: