Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Diaper Free Zone!

Grace has been doing so well lately on her potty training. While I still have put her in a pull-up during naptime/nighttime, it is dry 95% of the time. Monday she told me, "Mama, I want to wear my panties to bed!" So, we tried it. She was dry all of Monday and Tuesday naps/nights! Unfortunately, she had an accident this morning right before I got her out of bed.

We keep a child-proof device on her bedroom door that prevents her from opening the door at night. We use it because there is a long, steep staircase two feet from her bedroom door that leads to a hardwood floor at the bottom. I have had many nightmares of her tumbling down the stairs and hitting her head on the hard floor. So, since this device is on her door, she cannot go freely to the bathroom or anywhere else during designated sleeping times.

I still keep a monitor on so that I can hear her if she calls that she needs to go to the bathroom. Usually I make it in time, but this morning I didn't. Oh, well, she tried. I think that she was more upset than I was about the accident!

All this to say.....no more diapers for us! This will be a relief to our monthly budget, and we are so pleased that our potty training days are (mostly) behind us!

1 comment:

Mrs. Sprinkles said...

Congratuations! I've been changing diapers for almost four years now....I can't wait for that day to come!