Sunday, August 17, 2008

Accidents Do Happen


Fair warning: Those of you with weak stomachs, please skip this post.

Grace has been doing very well on potty training. We are done with the diapers and pull-ups and we are in panties 100% of the time. She has even gotten to the point where she can go to the bathroom all by herself: potty, wipe, flush, and wash hands without my assistance. I didn't realize how much time I was spending with her in the bathroom until she started doing it all herself!

Anyway, tonight was a minor setback. She didn't quite make it to the potty in time, and she had an accident on the floor in front of the toilet. I was in another room and noticed that she was taking a while. I called, "Grace are you OK?" She answered, "Mama, I cleaned up the mess!" Uh-oh. I rushed to the bathroom and found her on her hands and knees, "cleaning up" her pee off the floor with toilet paper. She was still fully clothed. "See mama?? It's OK...I cleaned it up!" How could I possibly get upset? I picked her up and set her in the tub to take off her soaked clothing and get cleaned up. When I took off her Tinkerbell panties, she said, "I'm so sorry Tinkerbell. Please forgive me for pee-peeing on you!" Before I could stop her, she grabbed her urine-soaked panties and gave Tinkerbell a big, wet kiss.

Let's just say we brushed our teeth for an extra long time tonight.

No comments: