Saturday, August 30, 2008

Home Again

Well, I'm already at home again after my surgery. What a whirlwind! I hardly remember anything that happened to me, and apparently that's a good thing. Todd told me some things I said and did while recovering from the anesthesia, so I would say that my lapse in memory is really a blessing.

In this day and age, they certainly know how to get you out of the hospital fast. I had barely swallowed my breakfast this morning when the nurse showed up with a wheelchair. Less than 48 hours after major abdominal surgery, I was on my way home!

It sure was nice to get home, though, and see my sweet little girl. We've had a hard time keeping her away from my incision. She wants to climb in my lap and snuggle, but I'm not quite ready for that yet.

My sweet friend Joy is bringing dinner tonight, so we are just going to relax and enjoy being together today. All of us have been napping off and on. The best part about today?? COLLEGE FOOTBALL!

No comments: