Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Bedtime???


Before you read this.....yes, I do realize that I am very blessed to have a little girl that loves to sleep. Part of this I attribute to her nature, part I attribute to my use of the strategies in the books "Babywise" and "Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child."

Usually, Grace's bedtime is around 8:00 p.m. Tonight, at 6:45 p.m., she came up to me and said, "Goodnight, Mama. I'm going to bed now." I decided to play along to see if she was serious. She kissed me goodnight and climbed the stairs. From downstairs, I heard the water turn on to brush her teeth. I heard the toilet flush. I heard the pitter-patter of footsteps into her room. I heard her say goodnight to her dolls. It got quiet. I waited a few minutes, then tiptoed up the stairs. After inspection, I saw that she had indeed brushed her teeth (and left extra toothpaste around the sink area), gone potty, taken off her shorts, gotten into bed, turned over and gone to sleep! I gently tucked her in and closed the curtains and tiptoed back downstairs.

Wow, a whole extra hour to myself!

1 comment:

Mrs. Sprinkles said...

Hey--I love your new design! Very nice.