Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Housework Schedule

Well, I am going to post on this subject with the hopes that it will help me stay accountable with my housework schedule. Too often, I have fallen into the trap of letting housework build up, then spending an unreasonable amount of time cleaning everything up, usually because company is coming over to the house. A couple of years ago, my mom (who is an incredible housekeeper), encouraged me to divide up the duties into small manageable tasks that I can easily accomplish each day. This would (potentially) leave a clean, presentable house at all times. Since I have become a stay-at-home mom, things have gotten better, but there is still much room for improvement.

Here is my new schedule:

Monday - vacuum carpets and rugs
Tuesday - dust
Wednesday - clean bathrooms
Thursday - clean hardwood floors, get trash ready for pick-up
Friday - mop kitchen and bathrooms
Saturday - enjoy a family day
Sunday - worship, rest, and plan meals for the week

In addition to these duties, every day I will make the beds, do at least one load of laundry, and make sure the kitchen is cleaned after every meal.

You have all heard my confession. Please feel free to ask me how things are going....I need to be accountable.

P.S. As I am writing this post, Grace is pretending to vacuum with her Fisher-Price vacuum. I hope and pray that she learns good skills to last her a lifetime. Well, I'm off to clean the bathrooms!

No comments: