Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Things I Love Thursday: Calorie King

I recently started a new eating plan, and it involves lots of calorie counting.  I learned about a website called Calorie King.  It is a VERY EXTENSIVE database of every imaginable food and corresponding nutritional value.  It even includes menu items from popular fast food and sit-down restaurants.

I won’t even tell you the heart attack I almost had when I looked up “Outback Cheese Fries.”  Especially when I found out the 2900 calories and 182 grams of fat doesn’t even include the ranch dressing dipping sauce.  Scary.

Anyway, it has been a VERY handy tool for me as I plan meals and write in my food journal.

For more Things I Love Thursday, visit the Diaper Diaries.

6 comments:

Courtney@Booksnboys said...

Hey cool! It counts carbs too! I passed the site onto my mom because my little brother has type 1 diabetes and has to count carbs for every meal. Thanks!

janetfaye said...

Calorie King is one of my favorite sites. It usually has everything that I am looking for when it comes to food and calories.

Andrea said...

I've seen Calorie King. It really is amazing how quickly those calories add up...

Brooke said...

what did we do before the internet for calorie counting help? i'm addicted!!

Mimi said...

Thanks for telling me about Calorie King last week. I now check it several times a day as I plan my diet strategy.

Eos Mom said...

What a helpful site, thanks for the info!