Monday, February 23, 2009

Monday Milestones

runner

I had a pretty good week overall.  I exercised five days and tried to push myself a little more on each workout.  I’ve always had difficulty falling asleep, but since I started exercising regularly, I find myself falling asleep quickly and deeply.  I haven’t taken a sleeping pill or melatonin in over a month.  (I used to take one every night!)

I lost four pounds this week, bringing my total to fourteen pounds in four weeks. 

Overall, I haven’t really been that hungry because I’m eating a great volume of low-fat, low-calorie food.  If I find myself hungry before my next scheduled eating time, I fix myself an extra shake.  On the HMR program, you can eat extra bars/shakes/entrees whenever you feel hungry, so you’re less likely to get ravenous and cheat on something full of fat and calories.

Todd is still enjoying his dinners at night.  Since I’m eating HMR entrees and fresh veggies, I cook Todd and Grace a piece of meat to go with the vegetables I am eating.  This week, I’m including a recipe for pork chops that Todd really enjoyed the other day.

Oven Fried Pork Chops

  • 4 trimmed pork chops
  • 1 medium egg
  • 1 cup of seasoned breadcrumbs
  • 3 tablespoons of soy sauce
  • 1 tablespoon of water
  • ½ teaspoon of garlic powder

Beat the egg, soy sauce, water, and garlic powder together in a pie plate. Sprinkle breadcrumbs on waxed paper. Dip the pork chops into the egg mixture, then breadcrumbs; coating evenly on each side. Arrange in single layer on greased jelly roll pan. Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes. Turn and bake for another 20 minutes until the chops are tender and no longer pink.

No comments: