Thursday, February 12, 2009

Cupcake Fun

Today we had a little Valentine’s Day party with the two sweet kids that I babysit.  Grace and I baked some chocolate cupcakes this morning, then after I picked up the kids from school we made the icing together.  Here’s a picture of the girls adding pink food coloring to the icing.

001

We made white, pink, and red icing.  I added the colors to individual piping bags and let the kids start decorating.  Katie worked the icing while Caleb put on the sprinkles.

002

This is what Grace did most of the time:

003

In case you can’t tell, she was squeezing the icing directly IN HER MOUTH.  That’s my girl.

I wish that I had taken a picture of my kitchen after we were done.  I think more sprinkles ended up on the floor than on the cupcakes!  But, it was well worth it.  The kids had a blast!  Here’s one of their masterpieces:

004

1 comment:

Mrs. Sprinkles said...

Impressive! I'm even more impressed that you can make cupcakes and stay on your plan--I don't think I have that self-control!