Saturday, March 21, 2009

Saturday

Today was the last day of our Spring Break.  It’s been a fun week, and I’m glad we decided to stay home this year instead of traveling.  (Although we miss our family terribly!) 

Todd and Grace stayed home today while I ran a few errands.  First I took our van to Sam’s Club to get two new tires.  They had the best deal for the tires we wanted, and it only took 45 minutes.  While they worked on the car, I walked around the store and kept thinking I was forgetting something the whole time…oh yeah…no cart, no Grace!  I did miss her, but it was nice to look at stuff without answering questions like, “What is that, Mama?” and “Can I have something to eat, Mama?” and “When are we going home, Mama?” and “Can we buy that, Mama?”

Since I was enjoying my freedom, I decided to go to Kohl’s and look around.  I received a 15% off total purchase coupon by e-mail and they were having a Super Saturday sale.  I tried on a bunch of clothes and found so many things I wanted, but I restrained myself and just bought a new bra for…drum roll please…$2.55.  I have no earthly idea why it was marked down that much.  I dug around and found it on a clearance rack.  I heart Kohl’s!

On the way home, I stopped at Wal-Mart and bought my fresh veggies for the week.  When I got home, I chopped everything up, mixed it together, and divided it into eight Tupperware bowls.  Now instead of chopping every time I cook, I just grab a bowl out of the fridge and dump it in the pan to stir-fry.  Much easier!

Todd rented the movie “Bolt”…which is HILARIOUS.  We are watching it right now and laughing hysterically at that hamster.  We’re eating supper in front of the TV tonight, and Grace is sucking on an empty corn-on-the-cob after she gobbled down every kernel.  (Just like Rachel Ray…how many times has she told that story on 30 Minute Meals?).  Good times.

004

No comments: