Monday, March 2, 2009

Monday Milestones

runner

I feel like I’m settling into a pattern now with my eating plan and workouts.  I was tempted a lot this week because I cooked for two different church fellowship parties.  For our Sunday School small group party, I made roast beef melts and chocolate cheesecake brownies.  For our Sunday School breakfast this morning, I made cranberry scones, strawberry bread, and sausage/egg casserole. 

But, I’m happy (and amazed) to report, I didn’t cheat.  I truly believe that once you get beyond the first couple of weeks, it’s easier to be satisfied with lighter food.  I exercised four days, which is a little less than last week, but I was very busy and did as much as I could.  I’m hoping to go back to five or six days this week.

I had a routine check-up at my doctor and am happy to report that my blood pressure has come down quite a bit over the last six weeks to 116/70.  She was very proud of my progress and gave me the thumbs up. 

I lost three pounds this week.  That brings my total to 17 pounds in five weeks. 

A friend of mine asked me why I started the Monday Milestones post, and really it’s mostly for my own benefit…to keep me accountable.  If I know I’m going to post every Monday, it motivates me to make good choices during the week.  Another friend told me she started exercising again herself after reading my posts, and after I had a good laugh (that I could make someone want to exercise!), I realized that maybe it’s motivating to other people too. 

No comments: