Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Play Date

Yesterday Grace and I went to a sweet friend’s home for a play date.  Mrs. Anita has been part of my life since I was a little girl, and I love that we still keep in touch.  Mrs. Anita lives in a beautiful farm house with lots of land for animals.  Grace’s favorite thing is the chicken coop!  Yesterday she found an egg in the henhouse, and was very proud to hand it to Mrs. Anita.

There were also two other sweet moms there with children, so Grace had lots of playmates.  Usually it takes her a while to warm up, but after just a minute or two, she was running around and playing with the other kids…inside, outside, upstairs, downstairs, etc…while the adults got a chance to visit and swap stories.

I am so thankful for friendships, old and new, and the joy that it brings to my life.  It’s easy to get lonely being a stay-at-home mom with one child, but days like yesterday show me the joy of fellowship.  I also truly appreciate the freedom I have to go and do fun things at my leisure instead of being a slave to the workplace.  This lifestyle is certainly not without sacrifices, but for us it is totally worth it!

No comments: