Friday, January 30, 2009

LOST Recap

I’m a little late getting my recap up for the best show EVER, but that’s mainly because I’ve been pondering several things in my head over the past 24 hours.

First of all, where does Richard get his eyeliner???  I’ve got to get some of that.  It lines perfectly and stays put even when running through the hot, humid jungle!

Well, the main thing we learned was that Charles Widmore was an Other.  Todd and I were watching the episode together yesterday, and as soon as Richard called him by name on the island in 1954, we both gasped.  (Well, actually I gasped first, then Todd quickly realized what Richard had said).  Very interesting.  I’m still having a hard time figuring out who’s the bad guy…Charles or Ben?

Did anyone else notice that Desmond and Penny named their son Charlie?  I would venture to say that they named him after our favorite rockin’, cocaine snortin’, Claire-lovin’, life sacrificing Charlie and NOT Charles Widmore (Penny’s father). 

Also, the trigger-happy young blonde Other girl that gave Dr. Daniel a hard time at the hydrogen bomb turns out to be his mother, Ellie!  I’m glad the writers at least made it abundantly clear that we were in 1954…they usually leave it to our imagination.

And speaking of Dr. Daniel, wasn’t it sweet when he professed his love to Charlotte?  Although I’m afraid it might be short-lived considering how she reacts to time-travel.

My favorite conversation was between Sawyer/John/Juliet when they found the Other camp and were trying to decide what to do.  Sawyer talking about an “Other reunion” and calling Dr. Daniel “The Geek” cracked me up.

I wonder if the radiation/hydrogen bomb storyline has something to do with the female fertility issues on the island?  I’m looking forward to learning more about this because the bomb scene this week was confusing…why is it there?

I’m looking forward to seeing Kate, Sun, Ben, and Jack in the next episode.  I missed them this week!

No comments: