Saturday, January 24, 2009

God’s Provision

A sweet friend that I used to work with called me up today and asked if I would be willing to take some hand-me-down girls’ clothing. 

Um….let me think about that….YES!!

“A few things” ended up being four HUGE boxes of clothing and several large bags overflowing with toys, games, shoes, and hair accessories.  I have never heard Grace gasp with delight so many times in one evening!  We had to stop and play every game and read every book we unpacked. 

Most of the clothing was name-brand including Gymboree, Gap, Old Navy, Justice, and Limited Too.  There was even a GORGEOUS formal flower-girl gown from David’s Bridal.  In addition to the clothing, my friend also gave me all of her daughter’s dance and gymnastics wear.  It’s a veritable gold mine!  Leotards, tutus, ballet slippers, tap shoes, jazz shoes, and gymnastics wear.  Let’s just say that I had a little too much fun dressing her up this evening in about ten different ballerina outfits.  She was so excited and kept running in the other room to show daddy and dance for him.  We’ve got to get this girl in a dance class now!

God is so good to put sweet friends in my path like today.  Kids clothing can get expensive, so we consider this a direct provision from the Lord.  The extra blessing was that the clothes were high quality and super cute!  After Grace gets some use out of them, I will pass them down to another friend.

1 comment:

Tara said...

We LOVE hand-me-downs! With those and gifts, I've bought our daughter only two outfits in her whole 4.5 months of life. And we're stocked up for about a year. :)