Sunday, January 4, 2009

Birthday Wishes

I have been overwhelmed today by the number of notes, calls, and e-mails I've received from friends and family who wished me a happy birthday.  How blessed I am to have so many people care about me!  

We are spending a quiet evening at home, just like I wanted.  At first, Todd offered to take me out to dinner, but I decided I'd rather just relax at home.  Boy, I guess I am getting older, huh?

Although one of my New Year's resolutions is to reduce (or better, eliminate) my sugar consumption, I did allow myself a couple of Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate Squares with White Mint Filling in honor of my birthday.   Mmmmm.

I didn't get the Christmas decorations totally put away yesterday, so I plan on finishing that tonight.  It's funny how bare the house looks after Christmas, isn't it?  It didn't feel bare before Christmas.  Another one of my goals this week is donating some of Grace's older toys to make room for her new birthday and Christmas presents.  I think I'm going to get her involved in helping me choose what to keep.  In the past, I've just taken things without her noticing (mostly), but I think she is old enough now to get involved and help make some decisions.  

Thanks again to everyone who sent me birthday wishes today.  I am thankful to have lived another year to enjoy with my friends and family.  I take nothing for granted and treasure the time I have with everyone I love!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sending you a HAPPY BIRTHDAY wish, and wishing I had some of that Ghirardelli Chocolate. I do enjoy them. I too am cutting back so have NO chocolate in the house, but I would splurge for a special occasion now and then.