Thursday, January 1, 2009

Back To Reality

Tomorrow we will travel home from our visit with my family.  Our time here has been blessed with fellowship, family, friends, and fun!  We spent time with our dear friends from North Carolina.  We met our youngest niece for the first time.  We had playdates with my sister-in-law and Grace's cousins.  Mom and I shopped and cooked together.  Todd and I enjoyed a rare dinner-and-a-movie date!  We celebrated two fun birthdays.  Todd played lots of golf.  We slept late almost every day.  We enjoyed many games of Rummikub and Monopoly.  We watched bowl games, Monk, Iron Chef America, and movies.  We spent lots of quality time playing with Grace.  

So tomorrow we're back to reality.  After a 9+ hour trip home, I'll spend the weekend putting away Christmas decorations and getting the house back in order.  Sunday is my (gulp) 34th birthday, and we've already made plans to eat lunch with our friends Larry and Joy after church.  On Monday, Todd will return to work after a much-deserved two week vacation.  

Todd gets to drive the whole way home tomorrow because I have lost my driver's license.  He thinks I lost it "on purpose" so I could relax the whole trip, but I assured him that it was actually more relaxing for me to drive!  I can't remember where I left it, but I guess I'll be standing in line at the DMV next week to get a new one!  Hopefully I'll remember to brush my hair and put on lipstick before they take my picture this time.  Considering the amount of time I usually end up waiting in line at the DMV, I'm not sure I'll be able to muster a smile, but I'll try!

1 comment:

Mrs. Sprinkles said...

Oh, yuck! I don't know about you, but our DMV is awful.

You know, I lost my driver's license right after Bradford was born and only discovered it when we were at the airport, ready to check in!!