Thursday, July 30, 2009

Yummy Treat

image

Last night after choir practice, we had an ice cream social!  There were tons of homemade ice cream and baked goods.  I decided to make a frozen treat that Grace and I could enjoy.  [Translation:  no eggs and lower fat/calories.]

After scouring several online recipes for homemade low-fat ice cream, I just couldn’t find one that sounded inspiring.  So I took basic ideas from a couple of different recipes and made my own Frozen Lemon Yogurt.  I thought it turned out great…tangy and sweet at the same time!

Anyway, it was so easy to throw together, and you can tweek the ingredients to personalize it for yourself.  Use reduced/lower fat items to lighten it up or full fat items for lots of creamy thickness.  Use any flavor of frozen concentrate (limade, pina colada, strawberry, etc.).

Frozen Lemon Yogurt

  • 1 c. plain yogurt
  • 1 c. milk
  • 1 can sweetened condensed milk
  • 1 can frozen lemonade concentrate

Mix all together and pour into ice cream maker.  Freeze according to manufacturer’s instructions.

1 comment:

Kim H. said...

That sounds fantastic!!