Friday, July 10, 2009

Random Thoughts…

I have a lot of thoughts rambling around in my head this morning with no coherent organization.  So I’ll just list what’s on my mind!

1.  Our home has been on the market since last October with little to no interested buyers.  The market here is just tough.  We switched realtors a couple of weeks ago and…voila!…all of a sudden there are several people wanting to see the house.  We’re praying that someone will love it land want to buy it like we did.  Of course that means that the house must continually be in tip-top shape so we can leave if the realtor calls for a showing! 

2.  I bought 5 beautiful pots of flowers for our front yard.  Grace and I had a lot of fun planting and watering them.  I read all the instructions very carefully on the soil bag and little plastic thingies in the plants.  So far one has died.  Uugh!  Someone help!  Why can’t I keep plants alive? 

3.  This is the most hilarious post I have read in a while called “Urine The Money.”  Good one, Larry.

4.  I had my first mammogram yesterday.  I felt so old!  Normally women get their first baseline around the age of 40, but since my mom is a breast cancer survivor, I have to start at 35.  It wasn’t too bad…I had heard horror stories from other women.  I would just label it slightly uncomfortable.  It helps when you have a great nurse tech like I did!  I should find out results in 5-7 days.  If you are a 40+ year old woman and have never had a mammogram, please schedule one ASAP!  It saves lives.

5.  Todd is continuing his doctoral work at Tarleton University.  He left yesterday morning for “doctoral boot camp.”  I actually had to pack sheets and towels for him to stay in a dorm room!  He was not happy.  Anyway, when I asked him what he was having to do, he said that there were lots of seminars and heavy loads of assignments to complete before Saturday.  Last night he was working on writing 1-2 page synopsis (each) of 100 biographies before Saturday.  (I think they’re trying to weed out people.)

That’s most of what swirling around my head this morning.  I’ve got to run and get Grace quickly ready to run out the door for our busy morning…weigh-in at the doctor, go shopping for baby shower presents and birthday presents, then go to the dollar store to see if they have any of those cheap charcoal grills to replace the one we lost in our last Texas Tornado!  Hope everyone has a great day!

No comments: