Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Works For Me – Soap Scum Remover

WFMW

I’m embarrassed to admit that I have allowed soap scum to build on our master shower glass for too long.  Don’t get me wrong…I clean our shower.  I even use a homemade daily shower spray to keep it fresh.  But, over time the glass went from being completely clear to looking like frosted glass!

I tried every arsenal of cleaners in my utility room, but nothing touched the soap scum.  It’s like it was INSIDE the glass and I couldn’t reach it.  When our new realtor walked through the house and told us we needed to fix the problem, I hung my head in shame and called my mom…the Flylady’s BFF and personal publicist.

She suggested a concoction of straight Clorox bleach, Comet powdered cleanser, and a tough scouring pad.  She forgot to mention the gas mask.  Yes, I know this formula breaks all the rules of natural, chemical-free cleaning, but IT WORKS.  I opened the window of my bathroom so I could breathe and watched the soap scum easily disintegrate with minimal elbow grease.  After scrubbing for a minute or so, I rinsed with water and…voila!…clear, new-looking glass!

Thanks, mom.

For more works-for-me tips, visit We Are THAT Family.

1 comment:

Becky said...

I'm always looking for something to remove that soap scum. I'll have to give this a try!