Saturday, September 5, 2009

Fishing with Granddaddy and Mimi

Granddaddy took a break from his studying yesterday to take Grace and Mimi fishing in our neighborhood pond!  Here he is untangling her Barbie fishing rod line.  That’s a sign of a patient man.

fishing1 She never quite got the hang of pushing the button and throwing the line at the same time, but Granddaddy helped her after baiting the hook with hot dogs.

fishing2I so wish I had pictures of her actually catching a fish, but the batteries always seem to go out at the most inconvenient times…  Here she is right before catching a little brim.  She’s yelling at the top of her lungs, “Come here little fishies!  I have hot dogs for you!”  A little brim immediately took the bait, Granddaddy helped her reel it in, and she FREAKED out.

fishing3That’s my girl!  My dad ended up catching a decent-sized bass.  But more importantly, he caught a few precious moments with his granddaughter who thinks he hung the moon.

1 comment:

Kim H. said...

Hysterical... and sweet at the same time. I have to laugh because I too was bad at fishing as a small child. I never could understand being quiet helped catch fish. I typically ended up playing with the minows while everyone else fished... and I'd get totally traumatized when they'd take one of my "pets" and put it on a hook.