Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Tuesday

Today was another beautiful day in Fort Worth, Texas.  It was impossible to stay indoors, so we went to the park and rode the train.  The Forest Park Miniature Railroad is a leisurely five-mile ride through Trinity Park, along the Trinity River, and through Forest Park.  It takes about 40 minutes for the whole round trip, and it is quite relaxing. 

Grace had a blast!  The only negative thing was that everyone else in Fort Worth had the same idea that we did.  It was so crowded!  We had to wait for a while, then literally scramble to find an empty seat, squeezing all three of us onto a bench that’s about three feet wide.

But the wait was worth it!  It was hard to get good pictures because we were so cramped, but here’s a couple I managed to take with Grace on my lap.

002

001

On the way home, we stopped at Little Caesar’s and picked up a $5 pizza for Todd and Grace.  Excuse me…they are now $5.55…times are a changin’.  It’s nice to have a night off from cooking supper for them.  When we got home, I chopped up some root veggies and put them in the oven to roast.  I’ll eat them with an HMR entree for supper…I’m thinking Chicken Creole

Tonight’s a great night for TV…American Idol and The Biggest Loser!  Grace will probably go to bed early since we wore her out at the park, so I’ll get my reality TV fix for the week uninterrupted.

Another great day during Spring Break 2009!

No comments: