Sunday, December 21, 2008

Happy Birthday, Sweetheart


Dear Grace,

Happy Birthday sweetheart!  Four years ago today your daddy and I were so happy to welcome you into this world.  How blessed we felt to have a child of our own after so many years!  I remember the amazing feeling of holding your tiny body in my arms and being utterly amazed that you were born.  What a miracle.  Having you in my arms was such an answer to prayer.

Every year is such a blessing.  I loved the first few months of total dependence on mommy to provide your needs.  I loved it when you slowly started exploring your environment and gaining some independence.  I loved hearing your first words.

I loved watching you learn to walk, and run, and jump.  I loved taking you to the zoo for the first time.  I loved hearing your vocabulary develop.  I loved watching you transition from toddler to preschooler.

For the past two years, I have loved being at home with you.  I love that I get to be the one to teach you and experience things with you.  I love cooking with you.  I love watching musicals with you.  I love reading books with you.  I love doing puzzles and playing games with you.

I love that our conversations are starting to become more meaningful as you get older.  I love your curiosity and reasoning.  I even love your misbehavior, because I get to teach you about the forgiveness that is found in our loving Saviour.  

How thankful I am to be celebrating your fourth birthday.  May we have many more together.

I love you Grace Elizabeth!

No comments: