Saturday, December 27, 2008

Happy Birthday Mom!


Dear Mom,

I am so excited to spend this birthday with you!  How wonderful it is to celebrate your full life and be thankful for the times we are together.  God has been gracious to keep you 60 years in His hand through both joys and sorrows.  

I love that you raised me in the knowledge of the Lord.  I love that you stayed at home with me and taught me.  I love that you sheltered and protected me from the world, but yet allowed me independence to experience new things.  

I love that you showed me how to be a good wife and mother.  I love that you taught me how to entertain and welcome people into my home.  I love that you taught me how to sew.  I love that you are still mentoring me in my own journey as a parent.  

I love going shopping with you!  I love the thrill of discovering a great bargain (hello Pier One $1.17 wooden salad bowl!) with you!  I love planning meals and cooking a feast for our loved ones with you.  

I love that you bravely survived breast cancer.  I love that you humbly care for and serve your family when they are ill or in need.  I love that you are an example of putting others first.

Thank you for all that you have shown me and given me over the years.  I hope that we have many, many more birthdays to come!

I love you mom!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Joanna J. said...

Mom, I had to delete a random spammer that left a weird message as a comment.