Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Safe Arrival


My husband's mom and aunt arrived early this morning. What was supposed to be a 14-hour drive from Tennessee turned into 17-hour jaunt that included an extensive tour of the D/FW metroplex. Due to a wintry mix, a truck overturned on I-20 and re-routed traffic off of the interstate. They ended up on I-35E, I-635, I-30, Hwy 360, I-35W, and back on I-20. Going over icy bridges and overpasses. At a crawl.

Needless to say, they are exhausted. After quick greetings and a hurried unloading of the car, we sent them off to bed for a few hours of shut-eye.

Now the challenge is to keep two pre-schoolers quiet so they can sleep!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Praise God they got their safe and sound.
From what I have read on your journal you are a very resourceful woman, so I am sure you will think of something for the little ones to do. My daught always liked to paint.