Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Wedding Cake

wedding cake 2

This past weekend was the wedding of a special friend from high school.  She asked me to make her wedding cake, and I eagerly took the challenge.  Thankfully, she knew exactly what she wanted…and she is nowhere close to a bridezilla.  So sweet.

Doing a wedding cake is so much more stressful than a birthday or shower cake.  The whole time I was decorating it, I was thinking that these pictures will be saved and looked at for generations to come.  I mean, my wedding album gets looked at pretty regularly since I leave it sitting out in my living room. 

I considered calling my doctor and asking for an anxiety pill.  Then I thought if I felt like I needed drugs to get through a job, maybe it was not the thing for me.  So I stayed in a continual state of prayer…l literally prayed without ceasing.

Anyway, there were a few scary moments, particularly during transport, but God is good and it all turned out well in the end.  When I saw the final product, watched the beautiful bride cut into the cake, and saw how much the guests enjoyed eating it, all the stress was worth it! 

No comments: