Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Money-Saving Tip


In honor of Works-For-Me-Wednesday, I'll share a brief money-saving tip related to household cleaners.

Cleaners (like Windex, 409, Mr. Clean, etc.) can get pretty expensive, even with sales and coupons. Lately, I have found myself adding water to the bottles to extend the life of my cleaners. I'll use about 1/3 of the bottle, then fill it to the top with water. I'll use another 1/2 or so, then fill it up again with water. In so doing, I can usually more than double the usage of each bottle. And, I have seen absolutely no difference in the cleaning power of regular vs. watered-down cleaners.

I'm also looking into homemade cleaners that are even more cost-effective. I'll let you know how they turn out.

For more works-for-me tips, visit Rocks In My Dryer.

3 comments:

Jane Anne said...

Great idea- I water down apple juice (ha!) so why didn't I think about watering down cleaners?!

Svr said...

LOL, Smart! I mix my own multi-purpose with about 4 Tablespoons dish liquid soap to squirt bottle of water. I use it on most everything!

TRS said...

Thanks for your comment over at Rocks!
I'm so glad that you got a point that I didn't feel right making directly - that I do in many equate the struggle with infertility to the great desire have children and no one to have them with!!!!

Your comment blessed me!