Thursday, January 14, 2010

Quick Update

I’ve been pretty busy lately, but I wanted to give a quick update about what’s going on with me and our family these days.

My exercise and healthy eating plan has been going well.  I work out about an hour every day…treadmill, The Shred, or both.  It’s been good to get back into a routine.  My jeans were pretty tight at the end of our two-week Christmas vacation, and it’s nice to now be within two pounds of my lowest weight!  It makes me excited about keeping up my good habits and perhaps seeing my goal this spring!

I’ve also embarked on a plan to read the Bible in 90 days.  This challenge was given by our pastor, and many of my church friends are on this journey with me.  I’ll admit that I’m behind about three days at this point, but I catch up a little more every day. 

Grace is enjoying being back at home and going to her ballet class.  Next Monday I will register her for kindergarten.  Yikes!  I can’t believe our baby is that old.  We are attempting to get her into a local charter school of the arts.  They enroll based on a blind lottery system, so we’ll find out mid-March whether her number was drawn.  If not, there are many other options that we are continuing to explore.

Todd is back at work as a high school administrator.  He is preparing for the spring testing season as well as a huge career fair that he organizes.  His doctoral classes will begin again next week, so he stays pretty busy as well.

My blogging has taken a backseat among all our activities, but I will try to update at least once per week about family news, diet, and exercise goals.  And if anyone wants to join me in my goal to read the Bible in 90 days, let me know in the comment section!  It’s been a blessing so far, and I’d love to hear other people’s feedback about the journey!

No comments: