Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Hello Old Friends

Greetings, everyone!  First, let me apologize about my extended absence.  Several of you have asked or e-mailed to find out where I’ve been, and I don’t really have a good explanation other than being busy!  In the past, I’ve been convicted that I spent time blogging when it would have been better spent doing something else (exercising, reading, teaching Grace, cleaning, etc.)  So, I’m really trying to prioritize and be responsible.  I’ve got several things stored in my head that I’ve been wanting to write about and hopefully I’ll have the time to do it soon.

This season in my life has been very full, and for that I am so thankful.  God has opened up several opportunities for me to contribute to the family income, and so I’ve spent a lot of time lately in the kitchen baking and decorating cakes.  Here’s my latest cake creation for a special baby shower:

003

Also, two friends have hired me to design and create draperies for their new homes!  I got so excited over these projects, that it inspired me to redecorate my family room and kitchen!  So, when I can find time, I’m sewing new curtains for all my windows and repainting my downstairs.  I’ll be sure to post pictures when I’m done.

Next week is Spring Break, and Todd and I are planning a “staycation!”  We’re going to use our season passes to Six Flags Over Texas and the science museum, go to a Dallas Mavericks basketball game, and visit the local parks, zoo, and botanical gardens.  There are so many great things to do in the D/FW area…many of them free or almost free!  I’m also going to use Spring Break as an opportunity to re-paint my kitchen and family room…including the kitchen cabinets.  Eeek!  I have a feeling it’s going to be a much bigger job than I’m anticipating. 

I’m still enjoying babysitting part-time, and I’m REALLY going to miss Kie when he starts kindergarten next year! 

009

Grace will go through withdrawal.  They play so well together, and I rarely have to mediate or intervene.  Since Kie is part of a family that loves musicals as much as me, he often asks to sing or watch my favorite movies.  The other day, he asked me if I owned “Seven Brides for Seven Brothers.”  Um…YES!!  It’s only my favorite movie EVER!   I truly wish I had taken pictures of Grace and Kie trying to imitate the barn-raising dance scene.  It was priceless. 

 

We’ve made a decision about kindergarten for Grace next year, and it warrants an entire post, so my plan is to get that written later today.  Blessings to you all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you're back!! That cake looks amazing, and if you were closer, I'd hire you to make some things for my new house! :)

And congrats on your decision about schooling! I read the other post, too!