Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Why I Haven’t Blogged Lately

The past couple of weeks have been pretty full, and I wanted to share some of the things I’ve been up to! 

My mom came to visit, and like we do every time she comes, we crammed our days with shopping, crafting, and redecorating.  What started with, “Will you help me paint the family room?” ended up with complete makeovers in five rooms of our house! 

Ever since Todd and I got married in 1996, I have enjoyed rich jewel tones and autumn-y colors.  My kitchen was a deep purple and dark green.  My family room was dark green, brown, and burgundy.  My living room and dining room was brown and burgundy.  My bedroom was gold and dark green and burgundy.  See a pattern?  After almost 15 years, I came to the conclusion that I am TIRED of fall colors. 

I wanted to brighten everything up!

I got an awesome set of new dishes for my birthday…

020

So now my kitchen is teal and green!

054

I sewed new drapery and mom reupholstered my chairs.

Then…I painted my family room light blue.

makeover 3

And got a bright, happy new picture for the fireplace.

056

I hung new drapery in a pretty green for the living and dining area, but you will have to use your imagination because right now it is a homeschool/craft room/sewing room/playroom/piano lesson room…warzone.

But what I am most excited about is our bedroom makeover.  Before, I had an eclectic mix of hand-me-down furniture and dark colors.  Now, I have this.

makeover 1

It is so restful and peaceful!  We painted the walls a silvery gray.  I changed the bedding to all white with black/white/green accents.  A new headboard and picture pulled the look together. 

We painted all the furniture black and added new hardware.  I think it looks brand-new!

makeover 2

Thanks, mom, for all your help the past two weeks! 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love makeovers :) Nice job!!

Mimi said...

My pleasure!! Besides,you worked to give me my b/r redo over Christmas!

Susana said...

You have been busy doing some wonderful things--productive and fun too!

I found your blog through the Design Girl months ago and remembered at that time you were pondering the decision to homeschool. I am so happy to see that you decided to, and even happier for you that things are going so well!

Homeschool is such a blessing to our family and it always makes me smile to see others enjoying it too.

Blessings in your homeschool journey with your sweet daugther!

Susana
ohsusanawontyoucry@gmail.com
www.ourhomeschoolfun.blogspot.com

Joanna J. said...

Thanks for the encouragement, everyone!

Susana-we are so grateful for the ability to homeschool! It's been such a wonderful experience for us so far. I look forward to many more years!